Thursday, October 16, 2014

TOBY- Torah Observant Beliver in Yeshua

I've decided to start using the acronym TOBY on this blog.  I am a Torah Observant Believer in Yeshua, which means that I believe that God gave us his instructions for how to live in the first 5 books of the Bible (the Torah) and I follow them to the best of my knowledge and ability.  I also believe that Jesus (Yeshua) is the Messiah and Savior.

There are other terms, such as Messianic and Hebrew Roots and many others, but I'm just not fond of them for various reasons though I don't think there's anything wrong with using them.  I have sometimes called myself Messianic in groups where I am more known, but since it seems that it originally was a term used for Jewish converts to Christianity, I don't want to have it be confusing for anyone.    

No comments:

Post a Comment